Whether you’re a newbie or if you’ve been shooting and editing for years, we invite you to enter the Burgess Crew Photographer and Videographer of the Year 2021 in association with Dockwalk photo and video competition.
You have the chance to win the latest GoPro and accessory bundle worth EUR 800 and to be on the cover of Dockwalk magazine. Prizes will be given for both the winner and runner-up in both photo and video categories. All entries that meet the criteria below will be featured in Burgess and Dockwalk digital content — maybe even in print! Videos will also be featured on Dockwalk and BOAT International's home page and social media channels.
There are three words that encapsulate the Burgess difference and those three words form the creative brief for this year: Experience, Exploration, Expertise. In video, stills, or both, we want you to view your yachting adventures through the lens of one or more of those words to frame your unique take on life at sea.
The closing date for entries is September 10, 2021, with the winners to be announced at the Monaco Yacht Show. Winners will be notified via email, announced on the Burgess website and all Burgess social media channels, and on Dockwalk.com and its associated social media channels.
Judges from BlueiProd, Burgess, Dockwalk, and YachtieWorld will be judging your work this year.
Entry specifications and competition terms and conditions are below. Enter your photo or video at Burgess here: https://www.burgessyachts.com/en/editorial/crew-photographer-videographer-competition-2021.
Good luck — we look forward to viewing your creations!
Terms and Conditions
- Entrants must be a current member of crew on board a superyacht
- Must show life on board a superyacht as opposed to ‘crew life’, i.e. no crew parties, no nudity, no crew drinking, etc.
- Safe working practices must be adhered to in order for photos to be posted on our channels, i.e. correct safety gear, footwear worn where appropriate, etc.
- No guests or owners to feature unless written permission has been gained
- Must double-check with owner/captain to see whether interiors of the yacht can be displayed publicly
- All entries to be received in high-res format (or should be available in that format upon request)
- In videos, any background music must be royalty-free so that it can be used on our social channels. Suggested websites are: https://artlist.io/ and https://elements.envato.com/
- Videos should be up to 50 seconds long maximum
- All video entries will be bookended with Burgess branding when displayed on media channels
- Multiple entries are permitted (but one prize per person)
- All entries submitted become the property of Burgess and Dockwalk reuse will be credited
- Only entries that meet the Burgess competition criteria will be considered
- In addition to the GoPro and accessory bundle, the winning prize includes:
- photograph winner to be featured on the front cover of Dockwalk
- video winner to be showcased on both BOAT & Dockwalk websites with interviews about their entry
- annual subscription to BOAT International & Dockwalk magazine
- Winners have the option to exchange the GoPro prize for the cash equivalent