Show us your creative talents! For the third year, we’re happy to announce that we’re joining forces with Burgess again for the Burgess Crew Photographer and Videographer of the Year 2023 in association with Dockwalk photo and video competition.
The theme for 2023 is "View from the deck" — we want a glimpse into the breathtaking sights and experiences you encounter while sailing the high seas. We encourage you to capture the mesmerizing landscapes, vibrant sunsets, wildlife encounters, and unique perspectives that make your time at sea truly unforgettable. Each photo or video should capture the essence of the view from your vantage point, allowing viewers to immerse themselves in the magic of the maritime world.
In addition to presenting natural wonders, we want to highlight the significance of responsible and sustainable practices within the yachting industry. We hope you’ll incorporate elements that show the beauty and fragility of the environment, raising awareness about the importance of preserving our oceans and coastlines for future generations.
The winner of the photo contest will be published on the cover of Dockwalk magazine, and the video winner will be on our website, along with an interview with both winners in print and online. For 2023, the first place photo and video winners will receive a DJI Mini 3 (DJI RC) drone to continue capturing their yachting journeys.
So get snapping — the contest opens at 1 p.m. BST on July 25, 2023, and will close for entries at 1 p.m. BST on September 18, 2023. All entries will be judged by a panel from Blue iProd, Burgess, and Dockwalk.
The winner will be announced on our social media channels by the end of October. Winners will be notified by email, announced on the Burgess site, on Dockwalk.com, and on all Dockwalk and Burgess social media channels.
The entry form, entry specifications, and terms and conditions are below. Enter your video or photo at Burgess: burgessyachts.com/en/editorial/crew-photographer-and-videographer-2023
We can’t wait to see your entries!
Terms and Conditions
- Entrants must be a current crewmember on board a superyacht.
- Must show life on board a superyacht as opposed to ‘crew life’, i.e., no crew parties, no nudity, no crew drinking, etc.
- Safe working practices must be adhered to in order for photos to be posted on our channels, i.e., correct safety gear, footwear worn where appropriate, etc.
- No guests or owners to feature unless written permission has been gained.
- Must double-check with owner/captain to see whether interiors of the yacht can be displayed publicly.
- All entries to be received in high-res format (or should be available in that format upon request).
- In videos, any background music must be royalty-free so that it can be used on our social channels. Suggested websites are: https://artlist.io/ and https://elements.envato.com/.
- Videos should be up to 50 seconds long maximum.
- All video entries will be bookended with Burgess branding when displayed on media channels.
- Multiple entries are permitted (but one prize per person).
- All entries submitted become the property of Burgess and Dockwalk and reuse will be credited.
- Only entries that meet the Burgess competition criteria will be considered.
- In addition to the camera and accessory bundle, the winning prize includes:
- photograph winner to be featured on the front cover of Dockwalk
- video winner to be showcased on both BOAT & Dockwalk websites with interviews about their entry
- annual subscription to BOAT International & Dockwalk magazine
- Winners have the option to exchange the DJI Mini 3 (DJI RC) drone prize for the cash equivalent.