Show us your creative talents! For the second year, we’re happy to announce that we’re joining forces with Burgess again for the Burgess Crew Photographer and Videographer of the Year 2022 in association with Dockwalk photo and video competition.
The theme for 2022 is “Everyday Extraordinary” — because what else could you possibly use to describe your life as crew? While your “Everyday” might be high-stress and sometimes chaotic, it also offers plentiful opportunities to travel the world and experience “Extraordinary” sights, people, and places most people only dream of.
Show us these moments! Perhaps it’s a candid moment with your crewmates, a snapshot of the marine life around the yacht, a gorgeous view, or a dazzling night sky — capture your interpretation of “Everyday Extraordinary” and share the photo or video with us.
Winners of the contest could find themself on the cover of Dockwalk magazine, in addition to winning some other amazing prizes. For 2022, we have also teamed up with Lost and Found Crew (LAFC) to offer an incredible prize package worth almost US$2,000 — LAFC has created an NFT membership club exclusive to yacht crew and if you are named our photographer or videographer of the year, you will win a free NFT membership worth US$1,497 — with only 2,022 NFTs available, this really is an awesome prize! First-place winners will also win an Insta 360 ONE X2 Action camera to continue capturing and sharing your incredible content. To find out more about LAFC NFTs, check out their Instagram @lafcnft.
So get busy — the contest opens at 1 p.m. BST on July 21, 2022, and will close for entries at 1 p.m. BST on September 14, 2022. All entries will be judged by a panel from Blue iProd, Burgess, and Dockwalk.
The winner will be announced at the Monaco Yacht Show, with a time and location to be confirmed. Winners will be notified by email, announced on the Burgess site, on Dockwalk.com, and on all Dockwalk and Burgess social media channels.
The entry form, entry specifications, and terms and conditions are below. Enter your video or photo at Burgess: burgessyachts.com/en/editorial/crew-photographer-videographer-2022
We can’t wait to see your entries!
Terms and Conditions
- Entrants must be a current member of crew on board a superyacht
- Must show life on board a superyacht as opposed to ‘crew life’, i.e., no crew parties, no nudity, no crew drinking, etc.
- Safe working practices must be adhered to in order for photos to be posted on our channels, i.e., correct safety gear, footwear worn where appropriate, etc.
- No guests or owners to feature unless written permission has been gained
- Must double-check with owner/captain to see whether interiors of the yacht can be displayed publicly
- All entries to be received in high-res format (or should be available in that format upon request)
- In videos, any background music must be royalty-free so that it can be used on our social channels. Suggested websites are: https://artlist.io/ and https://elements.envato.com/
- Videos should be up to 50 seconds long maximum
- All video entries will be bookended with Burgess branding when displayed on media channels
- Multiple entries are permitted (but one prize per person)
- All entries submitted become the property of Burgess and Dockwalk reuse will be credited
- Only entries that meet the Burgess competition criteria will be considered
- In addition to the camera and accessory bundle, the winning prize includes:
- photograph winner to be featured on the front cover of Dockwalk
- video winner to be showcased on both BOAT & Dockwalk websites with interviews about their entry
- annual subscription to BOAT International & Dockwalk magazine
- Winners have the option to exchange the camera prize for the cash equivalent.