News

BOAT International Launches Captains’ Club

26 April 2021By Staff Report

Following the success of their Owners’ Club, which has more than 260 superyacht owners as members, BOAT International has launched a new networking group for superyacht captains called the Captains' Club. In the first month, we welcomed more than 70 captains to the club, representing boats with an average size of 64 meters. Motor yacht captains make up 84 percent of members and sailing yacht captains the remaining 16 percent.

Benefits also include a complimentary subscription to Dockwalk and/or BOAT International and/or BOAT International U.S. Edition and discounted entry to BOAT International events. The Club will offer members a platform to engage, inform, and share best practice, as well as network at exclusive events worldwide. 

While an inaugural Captains’ Club event is scheduled to take place during the 2021 Monaco Yacht Show, in the interim, there will be a series of online talks, reserved exclusively for members of the Owners’ and Captains’ Clubs.

  • April 21, 2021: Your Next Destination: Hosted by BOAT International Editor-in-Chief Stewart Campbell, the first session will focus on destinations opening up to superyachts globally. Hear from experts about the challenges COVID-19 has placed on itineraries and learn about some of the most exciting places to visit over the next few years. For members who missed this session, email captainsclub@boatinternationalmedia.com for the recorded version.
  • May 19, 2021: Next-Generation Technology: From the potential of hydrogen power to the latest onboard A/V, make sure you’re up to date with the latest developments with this presentation from experts in their field.
  • June 16, 2021: Sustainable Superyachting: What practical steps can you take to limit your yacht’s impact on the environment? From ridding your yacht of single-use plastics to carbon offsetting, get real-world lessons and advice about how to curb your carbon footprint.

“We’re very excited to launch this new club for captains,” said Tony Euden, co-CEO of BOAT International. “We’ve seen so many connections being made between superyacht owners at our Owners’ Club events, and now we’re proud to provide the same service to superyacht captains.”

Membership is currently open to active captains of sailing yachts longer than 30 meters LOA and motor yachts longer than 40 meters LOA. Unfortunately, at this stage, we are not able to accept applications from relief or delivery captains. For more information about the Club and how to apply, email captainsclub@boatinternationalmedia.com.

More from Dockwalk