Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Before you go
Delmare
Posted: Thursday, January 5, 2017 2:56 AM

Hi Everyone, 

Hoping to get a bit of feedback and insight into what I should focus on when considering a new vessel. I know this will vary between positions and experience. But shout out and give me the top things you would like to know before you go. What draws you towards some vessels and pushes you away from others?

Thanks! 

chiko_roll
Posted: Saturday, January 7, 2017 1:22 AM

Best money and best rotation. Chasin the dream 2/2
Capt. Mark S
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2017 8:24 PM

If you are looking at buying a new yacht then I highly recommend you buy the book called "Marine Surveying for New Motor Yachts". The first section is dedicated to the potential "Buyer" and step-by-step guides the reader through the important technical and non technical aspects of a new build; from concept to completion. The information is set out clearly and will help you immensely. Good luck with your project.
Anonymous
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2017 11:25 PM

This is confusing a bit? Are you an owner looking to purchase a "new" vessel or a used brokerage vessel?

Or are you a crew looking for advice on a boat to work aboard?

A bit of background would be useful for either of the above.

Delmare
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 2:20 AM

Nope not an owner, sorry I didn't realize owners were also on this forum. Simply a crew member looking to make a move and curious to know what others consider when deciding between boats. Thanks for the replies so far.

Average 0 out of 5
]