Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Need advice on what courses to take and whats really needed to get started
Kzpl23
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2015 6:26 AM

Hey guys, so Iv been doing some reading and researching around. I just want to know what is really needed to get my first job on a yacht. 

I know I need ENG 1 and STCW 95 but I was also looking to go into engineering so I was thinking about taking the AEC course as well. Oh and I read that there is a STCW 10 do I need it? What is the difference between stcw 95 and stcw 10? 

Also what schools are recommended to go to? I will be going to florida and was looking at ICT at http://yachtmaster.com/ and this course: 

STCW plus AEC                                                                              $1895

Includes: STCW Basic Safety Training and AEC – Approved Engine Course – Package 

Thanks everyone

Average 0 out of 5
]