Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
ssas
Joab
Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2015 9:17 AM

Im trying to change the settings on a thrane and thrane ssas that we dont have the password to. Does anyone know if there is a way of reseeting them to factory settings 

J

chrismlewis
Posted: Wednesday, July 1, 2015 2:15 PM

Not sure if I am being overly simplistic here, but if you contact whoever has your Shore Based Maintenance contract they will most likely be able to talk you through the procedure over the phone - the certificate should be on file on the bridge. Otherwise I guess that any Thrane and Thrane dealer will help you, but there may be a fee of course...

The SBM is generally given free from the company that does your Annual Radio Survey

Mike_63
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2015 10:33 PM

What model do you have? Is it a TT-3000 or one of the newer ones?

I assume you've tried the default passwords and contacted the installer. The manual has a page in it for writing down the passwords so if you can it's definatly worth digging that out just incase someone's been clever. Check your spelling! The default administrator username is sysadm not sysadmin.

Failing all that you could try the username "prod" and password "joakim" or username "dev1" and "caribien32" as the password, all without quotes. If either of these give you access you should then be able to issue the "passwd sysadm" (note the spelling) command to change the sysadmn password. If this works I would then switch to the sysadm user before making any other changes.

Failing all that  you may have to send it back to a distributer to have it reset, or get one onboard.

Obviously if you're SSAS is not functioning correctly it could have serious implications for security onboard as well as flag or port state inspections. If you do any work on these units I'd suggest testing them thorougly afterwards, have a good read of the test message and check it goes to all the recipients you think it does.

Best regards

Mike

Average 0 out of 5
]