Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Ex Royal Navy LETME into yachts.
nashsdanny
Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2015 2:02 AM

Hello all, I have just sent away for my LoIA assessment to the MCA and im just on here looking for pointers as to what I may receive back to give me some ideas into what path ill have to go down to obtain qualifications etc! Ive had a look on the forums and most of what I can find is questions asked by ex PO tiffs and above. I have done 10 years in the RN and will be leaving as an LETME, LMEM in old money. I have the got the following qualifications -City&Guilds NVQ level 3 diploma in Engineering Maintenance(Engineered Systems), Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Engineering In the Science Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies, Marine Engineering Officer of the Watch 2 certificate, Switchboard Operators Certificate. In my application for my LoIA I included a covering letter explaining my career history (Diesel Section head on Single Role Minehunters etc) and a copy of my sea time signed by the captain. Any tips or information would be a great help! Cheers, Danny
Schmidt
Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2015 9:15 PM

Hi,

I found this presentation that explains the various transfers between RN and yacht/commercial.

Page 12 is where it's at for you. 

http://www.maritimeskills.org/docs/stw_mcapresentation.pdf

Average 0 out of 5
]