Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
New Build
DominicWright
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2014 11:19 AM

Hello Everyone, 
Just wanted to ask if there are any tips for a deckie taking on a brand new yacht?
I have been a Decky on an older yacht and of course i know the highest standards should be maintained regardless of age,  but i wanted to know if you had any products/techniques or no go areas on a yacht in its first season? This is the first time i will have had freshly laid teak etc, and the first time the gelcoat i have worked with is factory fresh also.
Specifically with the Teak and Gelcoat aspects, I am wary of using any chemicals that are deemed to harsh to use on what is a brand new finish? 
Ultimately, I am just asking, how can i preserve the freshness for aslong as possible!
Thanks in Advance,

Average 0 out of 5
]