Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
provisioning vancouver and alaska
shaunbyers
Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2013 10:11 PM

im heading to vancouver and alaska any tips on good provisioning.
rodsteel
Posted: Thursday, January 3, 2013 1:34 AM

Shaun,

Just a "heads up" - the US CBP has restrictions on importing food-stuffs (i.e., on entry to Alaska from Canada - pre-clearance seems to be available at Prince Rupert).

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/82/kw/food%20restrictions/session/L3NpZC9aT244dmtmbA%3D%3D

Enjoy the trip  (especially if you can do the inside passage during daylight hours).

Rod

vewol
Posted: Friday, January 4, 2013 4:26 AM

Hi, We spent a really nice 2 months there between July and August 2012.
I can easily to recommend you, Rex and Sarah Harpold from Yacht Services of Alaska.
rexw@norpac1.com sarahh@norpac1.com debbiea@norpac1.com and operations@norpac1.com
Hope this helps you.

Patchen
Posted: Friday, January 4, 2013 11:02 PM

In Vancouver:

Two Rivers is great for specialty meats.  Fraser is a good contact there.
Intercity Packers does a great job, too.  Ask for Garner.

Produce, you can shop at Granville Island or order from Fresh Point/Allied Foods.  Grant is the man to speak with with them.  Also, Jim Koo and Yen Brothers. 

For more specialty items, there's Mikuni Wild Harvest, Bosa, Cioffi's, Les Amis De Fromage, Far-Met/Qualifirst.

Albion and Seven Seas are both good for seafood.

DO NOT MISS OUT SHOPPING IN CHINATOWN.

I can give you more, just lemme know if you need.

clint
Posted: Saturday, January 5, 2013 2:30 AM

Shaun, I can give you some advise check out my website www.alaskayachtguide.com send me an email.. Captain Clint Cropper
Captain Mark Drewelow - C2C California
Posted: Wednesday, January 9, 2013 3:40 AM

Shaun Byers. Pacific Yacht Management in Seattle ships yacht quality provisions to Alaska and works in harmony with Yacht Services of Alaska. There may be things you need that must come up from Settle and PYM can take care of it. jeff@pacificyachtmanagement.com adrienne@pacificyachtmanagement.com In Vancouver if you don't have time to get out, contact Kevin O'Brien x yacht crew ashore helping chefs in need kev_ob@hotmail.com
ShipboardChef
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2013 5:23 PM

Just got back from there myself. Provisioning in Petersburg was pretty easy -- the local Grocery even had an organic section, although they don't stock every day. Sitka was a little harder, but I didn't have to do the full deal since the "relief chef" had that duty. But, I'd be interested in any finds you discovered in your time up in that neck of the woods.

Average 5 out of 5
]