Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
ENG1 medical as a deckhand in the UK
Potentialrating
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 2:15 PM

Hi. I have been given a provisional offer as a deckhand in the UK and need an ENG1. I hve slight concerns over my eyesight. I was just wondering if I have a previous eye exam will this be considered when having the sight test at the ENG1
Andrew Thomas
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 9:39 PM

No it won't, you must complete the whole exam each two years for your ENG1. You haven't given us much information on your vision problems, if you are color blind for example you may still pass your medical however will be unfit to stand watch and certainly won't be driving any tenders. I guess the real question for you is how serious about this career you are? If you just want to see the world and clown around as a deckie for a few years you should be okay. If you have serious vision problems you won't be able to progress, again it all depends on your problem. Best of luck!
Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 10:50 AM
If you have concerns regarding eye sight then you should get a eye sight test before the ENG1. The ENG1 exam tests your sight while using any normal eye sight aid. If your wear glasses then the test is carried out with these.

Average 0 out of 5
]