Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
dockwalking in the caribbean for EU-citizen?
Bjorin
Posted: Thursday, November 22, 2012 5:06 PM

I'm a 20 year old woman from sweden and thought i might go to st. martin to look for a job in yachting. I have ENG1 medical cert, STCW-95, SRC certificare, inshore yachtmaster, coastal yachtmaster( these two by swedish standards) I have worked on larger motor vessels trafficing the archipelago of stockholm as deckhand, sailed as trainee on a schooner in the caribbean, worked as aupair in a very high standard country house on the english countyside. But what i dont have is experience of working on a shiny yacht, is that a big issue? what do you think my chances are? is it safe to go there alone? Any tips and advice is welcome, where to stay, what agencies operate in the area and if i need any special visas?
DRB
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 8:17 PM

Bjorin I would think that you would have no problems finding a suitable post. I have a opening as from the first week after Christmas , as Captain of a Hargrave 114 Pilot house you would be just the sort of person I look for. My itineary is East Caribbean to Panama then to Costa Rica, Sea of Cortez, Golfe of California and then up the W. Coast of USA . You might try to get a B1/2 for crew entry into the USA but other than that go for it.
Bjorin
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2012 4:54 PM

Im glad yo hear your positive about my chanses! Any chance I can apply for that position somehow? it sounds just like what I'm looking for!

Average 0 out of 5
]