Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
White Deck Squeegees
AJ
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 4:23 PM

Hi, I am currently stocking up on deck products before we launch in a couple of weeks and I was wondering if anyone knew which company makes the white deck squeegees (with Shurhold pole attachments)?? I can find the black ones everywhere, but in my experience the white ones are far superior when drying the decks - they have far less wabble/vibration and seem to hug the deck closer. From what I can remember, they have two white foam strips tight against each other. A lot of crew I have spoken to prefer the white ones, but nobody's been able to name the make or tell me where they come from. Please help....
Amanzi Marine Supplies
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2012 10:50 PM

AJ, I believe you are talking about the 'Unger' They are no longer white, but now light grey in color, but the same product just stronger. We have them in stock. Best, Chris http://www.amanzi-marine.com/
Anonymous
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2012 11:54 PM
Hi, had the same problem before. Finaly found white decksqegees at "Marine Discount Supply" in Antibes. but dont know the brand. They`re available with a shurhold connector. even on antislip surface they leave no visable marks.
AJ
Posted: Saturday, June 16, 2012 9:56 AM

Thanks for the heads up on the suppliers - I think it was Antibes we got them from last time. Will give them a shout and see.
AyeishaDM
Posted: Saturday, June 16, 2012 11:02 AM

Hey! We got ours a couple of months ago when we were in Genova. We brought a few to stock up, and brough the adapters there too! I don't remember seeing a brand on ours, they were just plain. They are by far superior to the black ones, get the deck dry very quickly!! Good luck and I hope you find some!!
Wet chamois
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2012 1:52 AM

UNGER, you can get them in black white and grey, in two different sizes, small and large, i suggest small ones if your boat is under 50 m as you can get between tables and corners, get a couple of big ones as well for larger areas, the standard thing is white for deck heads black for decks (they are exactly the same material), they will not damage paintwork either as long as you dont use the paint ones on the deck!, made in germany freedom maritime will be able to get them for you or if not directly from the unger website!
YachtOrganiser
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2012 12:39 PM

Once you've found your white deck squeegees, check out Yacht Organiser (www.yachtorganiser.com) Designed to help perfectly organise all your wash down lockers.

Average 0 out of 5
]