Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Sea Shepard Captain arrested
Dean
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 11:46 AM

Hi all, I must confess I dislike the methods and actions of the Captain on the Sea Shepard and knowing he has just been arrested does not surprise me. ---http://www.seashepherd.org/news-and-media/2012/05/13/captain-paul-watson-arrested-in-frankfurt-germany-on-warrant-issued-by-costa-rica-1374 ------Crew confessor what do people think about this arrest and the manner by which the Sea Shepard behaves on the high seas?????
Rusty Wrench
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 12:24 PM

'Sea Shephard' should be re- named 'Sea Pirate'; it's a better description of their maritime behaviour.
Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 1:47 PM
Where do I send my CV??
terese
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 2:53 PM

least he is a pirate with a cause (and a camera crew), and an obvious flag
wish more arrests were coming out from the east African coast
those bastards still have hostages

sean
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 6:12 PM

imbecile...plain old imbecile. Sea Shepard are un-trained hippies that have no business on a boat... bob barker & family of Steve irwin should know better & be doing better things with their money
CaptJMK
Posted: Friday, May 18, 2012 10:12 PM

His license should have been revoked years ago for endangering his crew (while launching rescue boat in frigid waters at speed and then capsizing it, risking the crews life), for endangering the ship (for proceeding in ice which compromised the hull's integrity, risking everyone onboard) and many other incidents.
I cannot understand why the ship's flag state and whatever country he holds a masters license in still lets him go to sea.
Whales are great, but to sacrifice human lives on an attempt to save a few, seems illegal at best.

Imbecile is being nice, he is dangerous and should be left to rot in jail.

Ian Price
Posted: Saturday, May 19, 2012 12:11 AM

Seven billion people in the world. 120 million sharks killed every year. For just their fins... Who cares about the human infestation? Sea Shepard are the only organisation enforcing the international conservation laws that countries so readily enact but fail to enforce. Anybody with children or who wants children, and therefore has an investment in the future of the planet, should be backing Sea Shepard 100%
Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, May 19, 2012 6:36 AM
Why can't these idiots do something useful for the world like collect samples and data. Headline grabbing idiotic actions that endanger many lives, fools a lot of "simple" people in the world into following them and think that they are heroes.
Janine
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2012 4:15 PM

Sea Shepherd Capt. Paul Watson jumps bail in Germany and is on the lam.

Read the full story from BBC here.

Sea Shepherd has made a statement. Read it here.

SeaSentinel
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2012 7:51 PM

we do need somebody at high seas protecting our wildlife. I'm glad somebody is doing it. But not that captain. He's imcompetant, and dangerous to everybody thats near him at sea.
Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, July 28, 2012 2:42 AM
SOMEONE HAS TO HAVE THE COURAGE TO STAND UP TO THE REAL PIRATES WHO WOULD DEPLETE ALL OF LIFE IN THE SEA...... BRAVO SEA SHEPARDS THOSE THEY GO UP AGAINST ARE THE REAL CRIMINALS
Oscar Perez
Posted: Saturday, July 28, 2012 9:36 AM

I am surprised than some of you have this opinion against this Captain and what he is doing is easy for you to argue about, from the comfort of your leather sofa in the bridge or drinking coffee on the crew mess with a 47 inches plasma TV. But how many of you, have the "cojones" to give up all that? and our salaries? to go to the South Pole or the North sea to fight, those whalers, getting maybe 20% of what most of us get pay, been chase around by some Asian triad or some mafia guys, just because you are doing something "not just talking" like many of us, against these people this criminals, they capture a shark cut their fins and tail and dropped back in the water, just that, they don't use anything else, or they catch hundreds of whales again just to use 40% of the animal, you are Hypocrites. Some of us are diver what are you doing about it? nothing or not enough that for sure. Writing here and calling the guy dangerous, incompetent, did you guys know how many people wanted to work for them,most of them even voluntarily, nobody force them to do what they do. Come on "Rusty" "CaptJMK", "Sean" and so many others than don't even have the guts to post using their names apply for a job with them and try to do a better job. Oh no is better to write this post from the comfort of Saint Tropez or Foxi bar or Capri with my free internet provide by the boat and sipping a fresh nesspreso given to you by a good looking stew. Amaze me how, some of you guys can talk about any of this like that, maybe the guy is no the best one but it seen to me like he is the "ONLY" one doing something and just because of that, him and his crew have my complete support, after all, they will never come after me I don't kill sharks, dolphins whales in fact I eat fish but i am trying not to eat at least blue fin Tuna sushi, do you even do that? over there in Cannes or Fort Lauderdale? Do you guys even know why is he wanted in Costa Rica? you don't, do you?
Bear
Posted: Saturday, July 28, 2012 10:02 AM

Well said Oscar.  Bravo! Those politically correct, self-riotous rule-watchers who instantly complain about others' eccentric behavior are the exact same ones too timid ever actually to act on a moral issue.  You can see none of them ever worked under a tool pusher. 
As the Irishman Edmund Burke put it "Evil prevails when good men do nothing".
No one mentions that the whaling itself is a wholly illegal, never mind immoral, desecration of our world, only 'justified' by utterly dishonest 'research' claims. That, and of course the wholesale inactivity on the part of our numerous Government establishment bodies that should actually be protecting the oceans, but which are all piddling about with enforcement.
So, sometimes we truly need a less politically correct type to get involved, make some noise, bash up a few boats and shake the tree a bit.

CARLOS
Posted: Saturday, July 28, 2012 10:34 AM

Hi everyone who was giving his opinion of Sea Shepherd:
I will introduce myself which I think is fair enough: I'm a Captain of the Spanish Merchant Navy with thousands of blue water miles on board super-yachts private & charters (motor-sail), passengers and cargo ships as well as at the  Spanish Rescue Society and also on many different  sort of work ships and currently the Chief Mate of one of the  SEA SHEPHERD VESSELS.
 After 22 years at Sea I feel great doing what I,m doing with my life now, yes endangering my life for saving the wildlife of the Oceans. My clients are not  rich people or the famous ones with large and luxury super yachts anymore neither big shipping companies, my clients are the whales, dolphins, seals, sharks and those wild animals that cross your bows everyday at Sea with no bad faces and pissing you off. I'm not talking about the future that we will leave to our childs , I'm talking about the current time, talking about a world of awareness, something that most of the people do not realize cuz they are into a daily routine trying to get some cash for their living or cuz they do not  have no interest in it, I mean they do not care about it!!!

I know that sometimes things are not done in the best way, but,,,,how many times you were wrong as  master on your yachts?. how many times did you went to your cabin thinking that you should have done something in a different way??

For those, who are sitting down in their masters chair or just relaxing at their sofas spitting those words in an easy way against someone or some non profit organization, who do not actually know well what I want to say ...........if we do not enforce the stupid and non-sense wildlife laws and try to defend our wildlife at the Oceans , who will do it? the governments, the fuc... big fishing world companies, you?????

Thanks for Mr Ian Price that spite the situation he has a common wildlife sense and thanks also for everyone who is interested at our work at Sea!!!

Karlos Bueno

ratpack
Posted: Saturday, July 28, 2012 1:14 PM

My hat is off to Sea Shepard and the work they do - clearly their methods are controversial but can you tell me of any time in history where the softly softly approach has worked? If Greenpeace hadn't been so 'in your face' of the nuclear testing programmes around the globe I am sure we would all be glowing in the dark as nations continued to obliterate far away atols. These guys and gals go out there and knowingly risk their lives to help save the marine environment and they are doing it out of passion, not for the pay check. I wonder how many of you gutless internet warriors have ever done anything as valuable in your life?
Oscar Perez
Posted: Saturday, July 28, 2012 9:30 PM

Capitan Carlos "OLE" me quito el sombrero estube viendo la pagina para aplicar pero no puedo comprometerme por largos periodos la familia esta creciendo y los compromisos han crecido tambiem pero pongo a su disposicion y los tripilantes mi ayuda en lo que podamos desde el Puerto de Tarragona Espana
CARLOS
Posted: Sunday, July 29, 2012 2:36 AM

Good morning Mr Perez:

First at all THANKS, THANKS A LOT SIR!!!!. Yesterday when I was on my watch sailing on board  M/Y Steve Irwin to the next campaign  in the NWcoast of Australia and I saw what those  "fake seafarers" were saying about this organization I could not keep sailing without posting my feelings. I had so many things to be posted  some of them with so much rave but eventually  I decided to take it easy. cuz they do not even deserve  my rave. You know what . I will like to see those fake guys in front a Minke , humpback or grey whale just one amazing meter from their mouth......his opinion would be so bloody different, I bet you!!!!!

Eres Espaniol Oscar? Yo tengo un buen amigo Capitan en la torre de Salvamento de Tarragona, su nombre es Francesc. Queria informarte que no todas las campanias que hacemos son de largos periodos de embarque y que siempre nos vienen muy bien profesionales de la Mar, porque no todos aqui son profesionales. Si estas interesado te dejo mi correo electronico y hablamos en privado.

Thanks again for you undoubted support and wish you Fair Winds & Following Seas!!!!!

Karlos Bueno

aeronautic1
Posted: Sunday, July 29, 2012 3:21 AM

License? What license?
Oscar Perez
Posted: Sunday, July 29, 2012 12:16 PM

Carlos Lo malo es que si ponemos nuestros email aqui mas de un idiota nos empezara a molestar le doy un email de esos que nunca uso pero lo revizare esta semana en espera del suyo: oscaraperez@cantv.net
Anonymous
Posted: Sunday, July 29, 2012 4:28 PM
I have to admit watching whale wars is a bit of a laugh, comedy on the high seas in fact. Even my kids realize this. I however disagree that the Sea Shepards are too "Radical" I think if they had proper weapons,(SAM's) they could put an end to whaling pretty damn quick! But that would put a whole lot of people out of work wouldn't it? Anyway the problem seems to lie with the Japanese and their arrogant attitude that everything was put on this earth for their personal consumption. Maybe it would be more effective to boycott Japanese Goods instead? "Buy an Exterra-Support Whaling" bumper stickers anyone?

Average 3 out of 5
]