Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
What do you want to know about? Its your Money
Pete Brooke
Posted: Wednesday, December 4, 2013 12:45 PM

I have been writing the 'Its Your Money' section in Dockwalk since January 2009. we have covered many aspects of finance for yacht crew.

I would love to hear from you all what you would like to read about in this section? Any feedback you can give would be great and I can then tailor the articles to what is really relevant to you, the actual crew, today.

Thanks for taking the time to send some ideas.

Regards

Pete

Gunners
Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 10:20 PM

Hey Pete,

Thanks for your column.

An unfavorable exchange rate is discouraging me from sending my savings back home and most of it is in US dollars, sitting in an offshore bank account doing very little.

I'm looking for options for a non resident of the USA to invest here.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Anonymous
Posted: Thursday, February 20, 2014 3:14 PM

As a UK citizen, working out of the UK for more than 6 months a year, and not paying any tax because of the UK's Seafarers tax deduction/Allowance. 

What advice do you give to me should i want a Mortgage? I have spoke to a regular financial advisor and he had absolutely no info other than its going to be a struggle!

From what he said, lenders like to see a tax payment on a payslip because it implies a stable income, do you know of any outliers or ways around this

How do offshore earners, with UK bank accounts get mortgages?

Average 0 out of 5
]