Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
16 year Brick & Mortar, completely NEW to Dockwalks and how to get started
FreasCulinary
Posted: Monday, September 9, 2013 7:07 AM

I am 33, worked restaurants for 16 years.  I never was able to afford to go to school, so what I have learned is from working.  I have two friends who say I can cut it, but they are always gone and ccan't get the advice I need.  

First and foremost, I live in Key West and wonder if its possible to get day work, to add to my CV?

Second, other than an STCW 95 and ENG 1, do I need other certificates?  A six pack license maybe?

And third, how do I go about Dockwalks? Proper ways of doing it and how you got your foot onboard. 

Any advice is more than welcome, as I am about to put a lot of money and effort into achieving a big dream of mine.

Crew Unlimited_1
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 8:22 PM

You may send me an email at info@crewunlimited.com and I can send you an intro to yachting packet via email.

Average 5 out of 5
]