Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Tattoos
Ben Peskett
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2013 12:11 PM

Hi everyone, I am going to be doing my stew course next month and was just wandering what the polocies are with tattoos on board yachts as a deckhand. I can cover some with a t-shirt but i will have visible ones on my leg if i wear shorts. Are there strict rules about tattoos? 

Cheers Ben

Ben Peskett
Posted: Friday, March 22, 2013 10:31 AM

Sorry not stew course i ment to put stcw
Anonymous
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2013 4:23 PM
Depends on the owners & Captains preferences. Some (Probably most) captains don't like them at all and try to avoid hiring people with tattoos that show with uniform on. That said, lots of people are still around on boats with tattoos, I think its probably just that little bit harder to land a job as it cuts the number of captains who will hire you.

Average 0 out of 5
]