Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Are crew over indulging and ruining yachtings reputation?
Anonymous_4
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 4:01 PM

Are crew over indulging and ruining yachtings reputation?
It is not unusual for yacht crew to get out of control, cross cultural and legal boundaries. The work hard, play even harder doctrine is part of yachting’s attraction.

Yacht crews very often make themselves soft targets. The boat I’m on has been impacted by violent crime more than once. That being said it’s always the same type of people that get rolled.

Loud, drunk and drugged out losers are attracted to yachting because it enables them to satisfy their addictive personalities and follow the accepted cycle of overindulgence and cleansing that is encouraged because yachties “Work Hard and Play Even Harder”

Drug and alcohol testing is rarely done because that would require captains to also stay sober and avoid illicid substances.  

When I read articles about crew being mugged, murdered, drowning and falling to their death I immediately assume that alcohol or drugs played a direct or indirect role.

Average 5 out of 5
]