RSS Feed Print
ENG 1 Valencia Spain
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2012 3:44 PM
Joined: 05/09/2010
Posts: 9

I am currently in Valencia, Spain and I need to get my ENG 1 renewed. Does anyone know of a doctor here that can do it?

Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 2:34 AM
Joined: 30/05/2012
Posts: 1

Hi Patricia, To get an ENG1 you have to go to an approved MCA doctor and your nearest is Mallorca. However you can confirm this with your emplorer but a Spanish seafarers medical is accepted and equivalent to the ENG1. It's in MSN 1815 So any employer should allow you to do this!!
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 6:28 AM
You will have to go to Palma for that. Several crew in the last 2 years thT were based in Valencia for the winter had the same issue. We even tried to get info for Spanish equivalent but they were not very helpful.
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 8:13 AM
Joined: 11/02/2011
Posts: 8

Hi Patricia, I am Spanish, although I work in Antibes as Captain. I always get my Medical for seafares in Spain since its free if you have a spanish seamans book. You will have to find out where the INSTITUTO SOCIAL DE LA MARINA office is, and ask there. You would need a blood and urine analysis done (can be private) to STCW standards (they'll know) and have a marine doctor check you and give you the certificate, which is also in English, following conventions bla bla bla. MCA recognises it as a valid ENG1 (have the mail if you want). Good luck.