RSS Feed Print
Gettin it wrong
Billy Blogs
Posted: Sunday, July 1, 2012 5:33 PM

Just da other day we had to tie up da tender and the generator was changed over by the skipper and I forgot what side i had the tender, nothing really happened except for some soot and water spray, I got it in the neck and was told to detail the tender in my own time. Won't forget this mistake for a while. The thing that really got me was where the exhaust came out, when I'm the skipper I'm going tell a bit more about what goes on and how stuff works cause I rekon I'd make less screw ups if skippers taught crew right.
Rusty Wrench
Posted: Sunday, July 1, 2012 6:51 PM

Note location of the generator exhaust outlets port and starboard, ensure tenderboat is not secured alongside directly in line with exhaust outlets.
junior
Posted: Sunday, July 1, 2012 7:18 PM

Yah Blogs, You greenhorns got Plenty to learn. The Best way to keep a tender clean of stinkpot drool is to grab a mallet and a couple tapered softwood bungs then plug the stinkies Blow Holes......same way whalers finish off a whale. Once a stinkies blow hole is plugged, no drool can contaminate your tender or mine.
Rusty Wrench
Posted: Sunday, July 1, 2012 8:21 PM

Hmm, let's see now. A stinkie plugging his own exhaust outlets? Er, would that not be the same as a sail boat burning his own sails? or lopping his own masts?