RSS Feed Print
mini_c gmdss sailor disk error
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 7:58 AM

Hi, Searching for common knowledge here! After having the same alarm and message about the wrong disk for the messages, have now a blank black screen with message to replace disk "non-system disk error". Is it only a question of replacing the the diskette underneath? Thank you in advance,
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 8:37 AM

I get those failures with both my Philips Safecom and my chart plotter. Each time I re boot...sometimes it takes several reboots fix. Im not a computer guy but I think what has happened is that your hard disc is fragmented . My systems are all MsDOs. There is a command to defrag or ask a computer guy whats up. Ive tried to fix computers with spanners and vise grips but no luck. Best get a computer guy. The best Computer guys are 12 years old, ride skateboards and look like Bart Simpson
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 8:55 PM

I had a similar issue about a year ago all that was required was a new floppy disc. Not easy to find these days. I am told that after some time the ability of the disc to record data diminishes and become unusable, you can try a defrag which may work for a while.
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 9:07 PM
As per Azza, good luck with the disk hunt though (we now have a stash of 20 as a result, SXM if you're same)