RSS Feed Print
B1/B2 visa ok for St Maarten?
janeweare
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 12:52 PM

Hi everyone. I have been googling, and calling around, and no one seems to know whats going on. I heard recently that for me, travelling on a South African passport, a B1/B2 is now accepted. I will be flying in and joining a yacht. What has anyone heard? Thanks for any help.. Jane
Henning
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 4:52 PM

janeweare wrote:
Hi everyone. I have been googling, and calling around, and no one seems to know whats going on. I heard recently that for me, travelling on a South African passport, a B1/B2 is now accepted. I will be flying in and joining a yacht. What has anyone heard? Thanks for any help.. Jane

??? What does a US visa have to do with St Maarten?

rodsteel
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 6:11 PM

Henning wrote:
...??? What does a US visa have to do with St Maarten?

Henning,

It seems St. Maarten now honors US visas for charter yacht crew entry:

http://www.yachtassistance.com/Visas.html

Private yacht crew still seems to require a Seaman's Book or St. Maarten Visa.

Rod

Henning
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 7:13 PM

rodsteel wrote:
Henning wrote:
...??? What does a US visa have to do with St Maarten?

Henning,

It seems St. Maarten now honors US visas for charter yacht crew entry:

http://www.yachtassistance.com/Visas.html

Private yacht crew still seems to require a Seaman's Book or St. Maarten Visa.

Rod

Wow! that's the first time I've seen something like that.

Anonymous
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 8:37 PM
Im currently in St Maarten on a SA passport, the last 3 yrs i applied for my visas in Miami, this year there was no need, i came in on the yacht and got stamped in, i do carry a seamans book and a B1/B2 visa.
Anonymous
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:55 PM
A recent article in The Triton addressed this issue. My SA crew has multiple entry USA B1/B2 visa, crewbook (of Flagstate) and they are on my crewlist. This is totally acceptable now here in St Maarten. Alternatively there is also the option of having a shipsagent clearing the crew in provided you have a Seamans Book and is on a crewlist. No specific visa requirement. The cost for this is about $60.
janeweare
Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 8:33 AM

thanks for all the help. Just to clarify with the previous post, I will be able to fly in, and sail away, if I am on the crew list, with a seamans book and B1B2 visa. sounds like thats my answer. Thanks again!