RSS Feed Print
Visa requirenent
Richard Rome
Posted: Thursday, December 23, 2010 9:30 PM
Joined: 09/04/2010
Posts: 1

I'm joining a uk flagged boat that is all ready in BC canada and heading to alaska. I have a b1/c1d for the usa part. what do i do about the canada part I'm trying to do it by the book?? Ihave a uk passport..
Posted: Thursday, December 23, 2010 11:06 PM
Joined: 25/06/2009
Posts: 277



It seems that there is no special permit required.


If you have a seaman's identity card and a UK passport you are legal (especially if you have a letter of employment from the yacht in hand).


"International seafarers travelling to Canada to join ships as crew members require a valid passport for entry as well as a seafarer's identity document. They also require a temporary resident visa, unless they are citizens of a country that is exempt from the requirement."


British citizens are exempt.