RSS Feed Print
Anyone have any Dominican Republic Charter Tips?
LaudyYachtie
Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2013 1:28 PM

We have a upcoming New Years Charter to the Dominican Republic. 

8 Days, 57m Yacht. 

Does anyone have any tips or secrets to providing a great charter in the D.R.?

Good beaches for beach setups sheltered from the Northerly wind and swell? 

Snorkeling?

Shopping?

Fishing?

Day Trips?

Thanks in advance!

Anonymous
Posted: Sunday, December 1, 2013 1:30 AM

Spent some time on the south coast a couple of years ago out of Casa de Campo Marina near La Romana. Great dockage facilities and a nice relaxed secure resort style with a fantastic Golf Course and numerous shops in the small village.

Catalina Island just SW of La Romana has a beautiful beach of the Western side just try to avoid it when a cruise ship anchors there also to the SE is Isla Saona with a fantastic beach on the SW for BBQ's etc and walking trails.

And of course just west is Santo Domingo the supposed last resting place of Christopher Colombus, rich in history.

Hope this gives you a few ideas, enjoy!

Wendy Morales
Posted: Wednesday, December 4, 2013 3:03 PM

Hi,

It's great to hear your yacht is coming to DR. I'm Wendy and I represent  Toy Box Luxury Rentals, a destination management Company, offering professional Yacht services supoort in Casa de Campo and throughout all Dominican Republic Marinas and locations. 

Previous recommendation is great !  you may absolutely book your dock here with us.

You can e-mail me at wendy@toyboxlr.com and I'm able to provide good beach coordenates and general information.

Best regards,

Wendy