RSS Feed Print
MEOL(Y) Question
David_golden1990
Posted: Monday, September 9, 2013 9:00 AM

I am currently studying for my MEOL(Y) oral exam and have come across a question in MGN 156 that has puzzled me, "Understand the operation of auxiliary heating boilers including combustion systems." What answer would the examiner be looking for?? Any help would be appreciated.
giuseppegiaimis
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 7:16 AM

Hi,
    he could ask : Talk about the thermal cycle,termodinamich  in general or 1-2,combustion process,how many auxillary 
                          machinery do you know, ,working process of boilers,types of energy , what you mean for
                          diagramm of Mollier, enthalpie,pressure, ect...  hope this help.Good luck.Giuseppe

rusty tools
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 4:58 PM

Hey david,

There are a good hand full of questions you will likely be asked before anything regarding boilers. Im not saying you wont be asked but based on my experience you need to be up to date on safety and pollution prevention. I would consider aspects such as what safety features/ devices are associated with the boiler, general operation, maintenance and the reasons for such maintenance. regards

David_golden1990
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2013 10:37 PM

Thanks for the responses, any other tips on questions you've encountered? I'm deployed the Royal Navy for 3 more months so my head is firmly in the books!

Cheers

Goldie