RSS Feed Print
Summertime Recipes That Are Sure to Please
The Grateful Palate Provisions
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:46 PM

By Chef Hector Lopez, Director of Provisioning, The Grateful Palate Provisions

Hello from South Florida! Summer is in full swing and we are already gearing up for an active fall provisioning season. No matter where you are enjoying the summer boating lifestyle at the moment, there’s one thing for sure, it’s a great time for food. When it comes to creating sensational summertime menus, the key is to take it light, kick back and enjoy some of the things that make this the best time of year for enjoying the outdoors. Whether it’s a beach-side bite or cocktails and canapés on the sun deck, the following few menu ideas will surely provide a refreshing culinary experience for the most discerning palates.

Summertime suggestions:

Salmon Tartare with Citrus Vinaigrette and Dill Crème Fraiche

Green Tomato Gazpacho garnished with Fried Green Tomatoes, Lime, Sea Salt

Fried Fresh Mozzarella stuffed with Artichoke Pesto, sliced and served atop Tomato Carpaccio with a Balsamic Glaze and Basil Crisp

Brûlée Mozzarella and Watermelon Wedge Salad with a White Balsamic Mint Vinaigrette

Pan Seared Diver Scallops with a Lemon Pepper Beurre Blanc and Sweet Plantain and Chorizo Hash

Patron Sea Bass Ceviche with Plantain Chips

I hope you have the time to try these suggestions, or adapt them into something that excites you and the people lucky enough to get the chance to try them!

I’m thrilled to report that enhancements to our new locations, Shooters Waterfront and Events by The Grateful Palate, have begun, and we plan to be open for business by the end of October 2013. I’ll keep you posted on progress and up to date on any events we start to cook up. Grateful Palate Provisions is operating from the new location and is able to serve you by delivery and now waterside, from our 340 foot dock.

For questions, please email me at provisions@thegratefulpalate.com. I’d love to hear from you.  For more information, please visit our website, thegratefulpalate.com.

Anonymous
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2013 6:46 PM
Where are the recipes?