RSS Feed Print
Posted: Monday, July 8, 2013 2:24 AM
Joined: 18/02/2013
Posts: 1

Where does one aquire an UKOOA physical in Fort Lauderdale
Posted: Monday, July 8, 2013 6:17 AM
Joined: 28/04/2011
Posts: 56


The UKOOA Medical is now obsolete, previously used for personnel working offshore in the UK North Sea. This has been replaced by the OGUK Medical (Oil and Gas UK Offshore). This is completely irrelevant to working on yachts, so I can only assume you are actually looking for an MCA ENG1 Medical for seafarers?  

If you are looking for ENG1 Medical Practitioners, then the following one is available in Fort Lauderdale: 

Dr E Grenet
Health Medical Centers
1489 SE 17 Street
Suite 2i, 2nd Floor
Southport Shopping Center
Fort Lauderdale
001 954 525 7595

If you are truly looking to work in the UK sector for the North Sea, you've stumbled into completely the wrong forum and could probably gain better advice elsewhere. If you do still wait to obtain an OGUK Medical in Florida, then the closest place you can go to is:  

Kathy T Le
Concentra Medical Center
4455 Medical Center Way
West Palm Beach
Palm Beach
Tel: 1 561 881 0066
Fax: 1 561 881 5533


Dr Ken
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 1:52 PM
Joined: 08/07/2008
Posts: 23

UKOOA (UK Offshore Operators Association) is now OGUK (Oil and Gas UK) and this body issues the medical guidelines for fitness certification of offshore workers - some people find they need an OGUK certiificate and an ENG1 if they move about from platform to support vessel.

I have had a look at the website and both Dr Le and Dr Grenet are listed as well as 61 others but they are almost entirely in Texas and Louisiana  plus a sprinkling on the West Coast.