RSS Feed Print
Provisioning in Marmaris
DeckStewChef
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 2:14 PM

Hi Chefs,

Does anyone have any insight into provisioning in Marmaris, Turkey? The local supermarkets are fairly sparse, the only joy I have found so far is in the Import Shop, but prices here are sky high. Does anyone know of a middle of the range place to get good crew basics and staples? 

Many Thanks.

Rasselas
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 12:54 AM

Try reaching out to some of the charter companies like MARMARIS SAILING.  Most of these companies offer a reasonable provision service if you charter from them.  Good luck.
Stephano
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 5:29 AM

Hey deck crew chef well you have supermarket like micro big one and kipa you also have weekly local market with massif annount of fruit and veges, fish also but only after 1200 and meat. Micro supermarket is opposite the police station on the beach road about 3 km from Center near a mc donald, been in Marmaris and around turkey well you have to adapt with the food but you will be surprise they have good staff, is not Europe but we don't starve and we only miss one think porc...... Lol so if you need help you can found me at Yat marina on Questr yacht.
Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 2:08 PM
I agree with Stefano. Get a map of Marmaris - there is a huge supermarket about a 5 minute drive from the marina in Marmaris - sorry forgot the name as it's been a few years and there is also a huge fresh produce market. Perhaps ask at the Captainerie and they will be able to point you in the right direction. There are a few butchers on the back streets behind where the nightclubs are and some great spice markets too - you should be able to find much of what you need.