RSS Feed Print
US Visa for Canadian?
Posted: Sunday, October 19, 2008 4:02 PM
Joined: 15/08/2008
Posts: 1

I'm wondering, while in Florida looking for work, what kind of visas do Canadians need? I've heard conflicting stories, and would kinda like to know what is the real policy, if possible.

Posted: Tuesday, October 21, 2008 11:13 AM
This is not official but I have been crewing for 9 years as a Canadian and have never needed a visa or been hasseled at the boarder.  Just don't say you are looking for work!  You are just soaking up some sunshine in Florida
Posted: Thursday, October 23, 2008 2:33 AM

As a Canadian the only thing you can't do in the US is be employed by someone. Off the books as the other reply said "if asked don't tell". A simple way to do it leagally would be to incorporate a Florida LLC ($125) which you own then LLC sells your services. You pay US tax on US income

Posted: Friday, October 24, 2008 12:32 AM
As an immigration attorney,  Please note that you will need at the minimum you will need a B1/B2 visa.  The do not ask do not tell system only works for those who are lucky enough not to get cought at the crimes they commit.

The thing is do the right thing so that you can sleep at nioght and work in the USA legally and without any problems.
The world afte 911 got a little smaller and you never know when trouble will happen for you. 

Law offices of Eric Yankwitt PL 954-449-4368