RSS Feed Print
Appliances: ice makers, wine coolers, cooktops crapping out, is there a course?
Posted: Monday, July 2, 2012 8:21 PM
Joined: 26/06/2012
Posts: 1

I've had a lot of issues with on board appliances crapping out ice makers and wine coolers especially occasionally washers dryers and cooktops and was wondering how you all dealt with these issues.  Scheduling service with repair companies is often difficult and on a few occasions the repair man knew less than i did and problem continued.  Other issues I was able to troubleshoot and repair no problem.   So my question is is there a course out there and if so would any of you recommend taking something like this?  Or is it better to just try and deal with service companies?
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2012 12:32 AM
Joined: 05/09/2009
Posts: 10

No there isnt a course . All the colleges concentrate on what is required by the MCA. Not what is required by engineers . Sad but true . Also engineers will only pay for course need to further their careers . Not to further their knowledge Sad but true
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2012 2:54 AM
There are many Vocational / Technical schools that have excellent courses in "Appliance Repair". These are not 'Yacht' courses, and not 'Ticket' required. The biggest drawback is the time required (school semester), but the typical cost is relatively low. They cover all the fundamentals, and much of the practical knowledge that would assist in basic trouble shooting required to repair most of these appliances you have mentioned.
(I have no connection with any school). Good luck!