RSS Feed Print
Flame Proofing Textiles
Minimise Fire Risks
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2012 6:26 PM

Minimise Fire Risks
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2012 6:36 PM

Hello to. you all. From Monday 2nd July My Fathers 88th Birthday I invite everybody responsible for the vessel they are on board to ask me about Flame Proofing Textiles. Flame Retardants explained by a Textile Expert. Minimise the Fire Risks understand the treatment and on going maintenance to ensure your vessel is compliant. David Hill.
Rusty Wrench
Posted: Sunday, July 1, 2012 6:26 AM

David Hill, sorry if I am a day early, but I can't wait to learn and understand all about treatment and ongoing maintenance making textiles flame proof, and dying to know if my vessel is compliant.....
Minimise Fire Risks
Posted: Sunday, July 1, 2012 10:39 AM

Rusty, thankyou for your reply. So I can give you as much info as posdible please answer the following:- What is the length of your vessel What Flag registry is your vessel under Is your vessel used commercially or Privately Have you had your vessel textile treated in the last 24 months Where is your vessel currently Give me that info and then I will be clear on your situation. Thanks
Rusty Wrench
Posted: Sunday, July 1, 2012 6:27 PM

Cayman private 50m in the Bahamas. Vessel textiles not treated in last 24 months. This is so exciting, I'm losing sleep!
Minimise Fire Risks
Posted: Monday, July 2, 2012 6:17 AM

Rusty, What equipment do you presently have on board reference fire prevention, or in the event of fire. Have you ever considered Flame Proofing?
Minimise Fire Risks
Posted: Monday, July 2, 2012 6:40 AM

Rusty. Feel free to ask questiions re Flame Proofing we would be glad to help anyone understand the process and advantages. I can arrange an assessment of your vessel in the future when required. Thank you. David
Rusty Wrench
Posted: Monday, July 2, 2012 8:01 AM

Just as I thought, you're a salesman. No such thing as 'flame proof' for textiles/materials. 'Flame retardant' would be more accurate. Fire prevention equipment does not exist. However, fire detection equipment is commonplace. Our vessel is fitted with everything required by Flag State and Classification Society rules in regard to fire safety.
Minimise Fire Risks
Posted: Monday, July 2, 2012 8:36 AM

Rusty, Thank you for your comments. Excellent feedback. Respect your opinion the more people talk about this subject the better.
Rusty Wrench
Posted: Sunday, July 8, 2012 9:43 PM

Here is the MCA's ruling on 'flame proofing textiles'' 1.1 ''Under the requirements of the MCA Large Commercial Yacht Code (LY2 Code), unless the space is fitted with a fixed automatic sprinkler system, floor coverings, upholstery, bedding components and suspended textiles are required to be inherently fire retardant by complying with the relevant parts of the IMO Fire Test Procedures Code (FTP Code) or an equivalent standard acceptable to the administration''. All large 'Red Ensign Group' yachts over 500GRT must have a sprinkler system (Hi fog) to be MCA LY2 compliant. MCA LY2 compliant vessels below 500GRT that do not have an automatic sprinkler system should have textiles/materials approved in accordance with the IMO FTP Code, Annex 1, Part 7, or equivalent.