RSS Feed Print
South Africans and Visas
Rob vm
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 1:09 AM

Hi All, I have all my visas but am sick and tired of having to return back to SA to get them renewed. Surely there has to be a loop hole??!! If anyone has any helpful info on renewing a schengen visa in Europe without having to return to South Africa, it would be greatly appreciated
Anonymous
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 8:18 AM
DOnt know about you but my visa is valid for 1 yr (last yrs visa aswell) but they will always say you are allowed in the schengen area for a period of 90 days. i have and will spend the entire yr in the med jan-dec and go through immigration without ANY probs they dont even look at my seamans book (which you should def have in this case) and when i return to the embassy during my annual leave, i get issued a new visa hassel free.
Eugene
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 9:36 PM

I'm south African 2.. Phone global visas in the country where you are and they'll help you!!!
Samara Klette
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 8:34 AM

Hi, I am a South African currently working a maltese flagged boat in Turkey and my Schengen visa expires in a week. I might need to go to France in 2 weeks and so am looking to get a seaman's book. My captain isn't exactly sure about the process and so I need your help... Where can I find the application and where must I send it to? Also, does the seaman's book allow me to fly to France with an expired visa so long as I have copies of the boat papers with me, or do I need to renew my Schengen? If i do need to renew it, where would I be able to do it from so that I do not have to go back to SA? Thank you so much!

Dominic
Posted: Saturday, May 17, 2014 11:52 AM

i am starting out my yachting career and i would like to know how to apply for a shengen visa.
rodsteel
Posted: Saturday, May 17, 2014 10:00 PM

Google is your friend wink 

Start here?

http://www.wikihow.com/Apply-for-a-Schengen-Visa

Good Luck,

Rod