RSS Feed Print
Ex Royal Navy LETME into yachts.
nashsdanny
Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2015 2:02 AM

Hello all, I have just sent away for my LoIA assessment to the MCA and im just on here looking for pointers as to what I may receive back to give me some ideas into what path ill have to go down to obtain qualifications etc! Ive had a look on the forums and most of what I can find is questions asked by ex PO tiffs and above. I have done 10 years in the RN and will be leaving as an LETME, LMEM in old money. I have the got the following qualifications -City&Guilds NVQ level 3 diploma in Engineering Maintenance(Engineered Systems), Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Engineering In the Science Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies, Marine Engineering Officer of the Watch 2 certificate, Switchboard Operators Certificate. In my application for my LoIA I included a covering letter explaining my career history (Diesel Section head on Single Role Minehunters etc) and a copy of my sea time signed by the captain. Any tips or information would be a great help! Cheers, Danny
Schmidt
Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2015 9:15 PM

Hi,

I found this presentation that explains the various transfers between RN and yacht/commercial.

Page 12 is where it's at for you. 

http://www.maritimeskills.org/docs/stw_mcapresentation.pdf