RSS Feed Print
Jumping into the Big Boats
Flyr89
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 9:29 PM

posted this in the deckhand forum might be better suited here. First of all Hi, this is my first post. Having recently graduated college with a BBA and realizing a yachting carrer is what im lookign for i wanted to ask how likly is it to get a job with my following offerings. Worked this past summer as a charter skipper in croatia Certs: YM Offshore ENG1 STCW95 Powerboat L2 PADI Dive Instructor and I currently speak spanish,english,italian and a little bit of french and portugues. I am currently home in mexico and im wondering what would be my next move as off now. Thx for your help have a B2 visa.
Henning
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 12:24 AM

Flyr89 wrote:
posted this in the deckhand forum might be better suited here. First of all Hi, this is my first post. Having recently graduated college with a BBA and realizing a yachting carrer is what im lookign for i wanted to ask how likly is it to get a job with my following offerings. Worked this past summer as a charter skipper in croatia Certs: YM Offshore ENG1 STCW95 Powerboat L2 PADI Dive Instructor and I currently speak spanish,english,italian and a little bit of french and portugues. I am currently home in mexico and im wondering what would be my next move as off now. Thx for your help have a B2 visa.

Everything sounds good, you need to be in the right place at the right time at this point and have a bit of luck. Lauderdale boat show is coming up... It's about to start getting busy if the rain would stop. Sounds like you're ready to get a deck job on a big boat till you get your OOW.

Flyr89
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 5:54 PM

Would you say that I am your tipical deckhand applicant or do i stand out from the rest with what i have to offer?
John Doe
Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 6:44 AM

Having seen about a thousand CV's I would say those qualifications are fairly typical these days. Where in Mexico are you ? Try P.V. A few boats pass through there. More and more mexican owners these days too. Good luck.