(Last Updated: January 21, 2015)
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, the privacy practices of the Service, or your dealings with Dockwalk, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We collect two basic types of information with our Service, namely personal information and aggregate information. Personal information is information that is directly associated with a specific person or entity such as a user's name, zip code, user-chosen ID and password, or information about activities that is directly linked to that person. Personal information does not include aggregate information.
Aggregate information is data we collect about a group or category of services or users from which individual user identities have been removed. In other words, information on how you use our Service may be collected and combined with information about how others use the Service, but no personal information will be included in the resulting data. Aggregate data helps us understand trends in our users' needs so that we can better consider new features or otherwise tailor our Service. We may share aggregate information about our users with third parties for various purposes, including helping us better understand and improve our Service, and for advertising and marketing purposes.
Information You Give Us.
We collect information you give us at various times when you register with us and use our Service. Examples include the following:
- Registration and Transaction Information. When you register to use the Service, we may collect contact information about you including, for example, your name and location, and you will be asked to create a user-chosen ID and password for your use when accessing the Service. In addition, we may collect images, pictures, data files, and written descriptions or statements about you.
- Submissions and Customer Service. We may collect information that identifies you personally when you send us comments, questions or suggestions, or if you send to us job applications, resumes, or other business-related contacts.
Automatically Collected Information.
We automatically receive certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, when you use the Service, our systems automatically collect your IP address and the type of browser you use.
We may also collect standard access information, such as time and date of accessing the Service, and usage of the Service. We use such information to help manage the effectiveness of our online advertising and to gather access information, such as counting the users who have visited those pages and compiling aggregated statistics about Service usage. Automatically collected information does not contain any personal information and we do not link such automatically collected information to personal information about you.
- Cookies. A cookie is an alphanumeric identifier which we transfer to your hard drive through your web browser when you visit our Site. It enables our own system to recognize you when you visit our Site again and improve our Service by seeing which areas and features are most popular; to personalize the Site and improve the Site experience; to allow you to visit the Site without re-entering your member ID and/or password; and to track and complete transactions you have requested. This traffic information can be used to enhance the content of our Site and make your use of it easier. If you wish to reject our cookie, you can configure your browser to do so. If you reject our cookies, you will be able to access those parts of our Site available to the general public, but not some of the Site's features or services, and you may have a less satisfactory experience.
- Web Beacons. "web beacons" (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs, 1-by-1 GIFs, and Web bugs) are tiny graphic files placed on a web page which send a signal when a user has visited that page, allowing the site to collect standard access information, such as time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides. We use web beacons to help manage the effectiveness of our online advertising and to gather access information, such as counting the users who have visited those pages and compiling aggregated statistics about site usage; our web beacons do not contain any personal information and we do not link web beacons to personal information about you.
No Information about Children.
Our Service is not intended to be used by children under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly, directly or indirectly, collect information from children under the age of 18.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Internal Use of Personal Information.
In general, we use personal information internally to serve you and enable you to take maximum advantage of our Service. For example, to provide services or complete transactions you have requested, to anticipate and resolve problems with our Service, to respond to customer support inquiries, and to create and inform you of new products and services from Dockwalk that better meet your needs. We reserve the right to communicate with you from time to time at any of the contact points you provide to us for any of the aforementioned purposes.
Disclosure of Personal Information.
We do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies without your prior consent except (i) as necessary to complete a transaction you have requested, (ii) as necessary to perform internal analyses and business functions, (iii) as part of a business transfer, (iv) when required by law or permitted to protect our rights, property, or safety or that of our customers, (v) to prevent fraud, or (vi) to protect against abuse, misuse or unauthorized use of our Site. These circumstances are explained as follows:
- Consent. Unless you choose to do so, we will not disclose your personal information to third parties. With your consent, we may disclose your personal information to third parties so that they may provide you with products and services that you have requested.
- Transaction Processing and Business Functions. We may share necessary personal information with third-party vendors who assist us in performing internal functions necessary to operate our business, or who assist us in processing and completing transactions that you have requested. If we use third-party vendors to assist us in performing these functions, the third parties may not use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose.
- Internal Analysis. We may use information about you for our own internal purposes, such as to estimate our audience size, measure aggregate traffic patterns as well as to understand demographic, customer interest, and other trends among our users. We may outsource these tasks and disclose personal information about you to third parties, provided their use and disclosure of your personal information is restricted to performance of such tasks.
- Business Transfers. Information about our users and the Service is one of our most important business assets. We may transfer our customer database, including personal information, to a third party who acquires all or substantially all of the assets or stock in our company or our Service whether by merger, acquisition, reorganization or otherwise. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- Protection of Dockwalk and Others. We may release personal information in the good faith belief that release is appropriate and necessary to comply with legal process or authority (e.g., a lawful subpoena, warrant or court order); to enforce or apply our policies; to initiate, render, bill, and collect for amounts owed to us; to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Dockwalk, our users, our employees, or the public; or if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure of communications or justifies disclosure of records without delay.
Please be aware that we provide links to third-party web sites as a service to our users and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites. Therefore, we encourage you to review and understand their privacy practices before providing them with information or visiting their sites.
Our Web site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
The profile you create on our site will be publically accessible unless otherwise indicated. You may change the privacy settings of your profile through your account portal.
SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS
NETWORK AND INFORMATION SECURITY
We use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your personal information and to use and disclose it only in the manner as described above.
Your account information and access to our Service is accessible only through the use of an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of our Site and Service by any person using your account user ID and password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your account user ID and password have been misused.
ACCESS AND CONTROL OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are a registered user of our Service, you may view, correct, or delete your personal information by logging into the Site and editing your profile. Any personal information you may make publicly accessible on or through the Service cannot be altered. Accordingly, please be careful when making any personal information available to the public. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We may contact you by email with opportunities to receive marketing information. You may opt-out of receiving marketing email communications from us by following the opt-out instructions provided in the message.
Personal information will be stored and processed on our computers in accordance with English law. If you object to your personal information being transferred or used as described in this Policy, please do not register for the Service.