Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - Blogs Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - Blogs

Jimbo's Blog

Getting an ML5 in Greece?

 Permanent link   All Posts

Hi all,


I have been trying to get an ML5 and someone told me recently I could obtain one outside of the UK.

Does anyone have any information on this that they could pass on - Currently in Greece.


Cheers James.

As far as I know the ML5 is a medical certificate for small boat men in the UK that is usually done by your own doctor as it requires a knowledge of your medical history.
It is usual for professional yachtsmen to get the ENG 1 certificate instead which lasts for two years.
Check on the MCA website for doctors around the world that can issue the ENG 1
Posted by: Nick Senior at 04/08/2010 03:41

There is no approved doctor in Greece or in a country close by who could issue a ML5 or ENG1.
next one would be in France,Spain, Dubai or Iran. See MSN 1818
Greece belongs to the countries whose medical fitness certificates FOR SEAFARERS are regarded as equivalent. See MSN 1815
Posted by: Jörg Wendt at 04/08/2010 08:44

Dont know where to pick up an ML5 in Greece. I did see a nice low milage black Mazda Mx5 with brown leather interior for sale on the dock in Corfu. Looked like a good deal
Posted by: junior at 04/08/2010 11:35

Ok Great - just on the blo9wer to the RYA now hopefully will be able to get an equivo to the ML5/ENG 1 Out here means I can get onboard some Teaching yachts apposed to 3 day ICC yacht courses.
Posted by: at 09/09/2010 13:18

Leave a comment
Name *
Email *