Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Montenegro-M/Y PREDATOR-crew beaten black and blue in disco
Danilo_1
Posted: Saturday, February 9, 2013 5:29 PM

Ahoy! Yachtie like I am from the capital of Montenegro(inland city) did not beleive words of my girlfriend from the coast that crew of the m/y Predator 73 meter Cayman Flegged yacht did call Tivat( Porto Montenegro ) at the beginning of current month e.g. February and are thoroughly beaten in discoteque with name IVA.She mentioned also that crew was not quilty-"They stand and try just to have a good time"-so all did happened without any reason...First I did investigate movement of m/y Predator and YES.She did call Tivat-Montenegro from 02 of February till 05th of February when they departured and appeared in Imperia,Italy...Hope that someone of  m/y Predator crew will see this and make a reply post.Give to us their side of the story.Maybe at this time of the year reason to call was BUNKER...Cheap fuel.But I am more interested in my homeland MONTENEGRO and its image.Please ALL, we are several years with Porto Montenegro Marina-our foreign investment proud...Gulf of Kotor is mentioned as must to see from the side of so many yacht captains...I always propose Montenegro to charter guests...What do you think about us.What are your experiances?Does things like with crew of  m/y Predator are often...?

I am Montenegrian and ready to hear and very interested to hear... danilo_djilas@yahoo.com 

NB m/y Predator did call Montenegro for sure and this is proof(AIS report):

Time (UTC)  Vessel's Name Position Type Port Area  Latitude / Longitude  Speed  Course  AIS Source    2013-02-08 16:55 PREDATOR In Range   Mediterranean 43.8775 / 8.02833 0.1 292 Terrestrial Show on Map 2013-02-08 13:40 PREDATOR Midday position   Mediterranean 43.8768 / 8.0265 1.4 61 Terrestrial Show on Map 2013-02-08 13:14 PREDATOR In Range   Mediterranean 43.876 / 8.02817 2.7 288 Terrestrial Show on Map 2013-02-08 00:21 PREDATOR Midnight position   Mediterranean   0 0 Satellite   2013-02-07 08:10 PREDATOR Midday position   Mediterranean 38.438 / 15.533 18.4 312 Terrestrial Show on Map 2013-02-07 06:33 PREDATOR In Range   Mediterranean 38.0353 / 15.6107 17.2 359 Terrestrial Show on Map 2013-02-06 23:11 PREDATOR Midnight position   Mediterranean 39.0098 / 17.5382 17 224 Terrestrial Show on Map 2013-02-06 22:53 PREDATOR In Range   Mediterranean 39.071 / 17.6165 16.3 223 Terrestrial Show on Map 2013-02-06 11:40 PREDATOR Midday position   Mediterranean 41.9943 / 18.5708 18.4 176 Terrestrial Show on Map 2013-02-06 09:34 PREDATOR Departure TIVAT         Terrestrial Show on Map 2013-02-06 01:48 PREDATOR Midnight position   Mediterranean 42.4362 / 18.6912 0.1 193 Terrestrial Show on Map 2013-02-05 13:54 PREDATOR Midday position   Mediterranean 42.4362 / 18.6912 0 345 Terrestrial Show on Map 2013-02-05 01:48 PREDATOR Midnight position   Mediterranean 42.4362 / 18.6912 0.1 171 Terrestrial Show on Map

Danilo_1
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 7:24 PM

For two days since posted 212 views no replies...not even on my e-mail... Cheers! And GREETINGS FROM MONTENEGRO!
Anonymous
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 8:16 PM

I do wish that Dockwalk users would think twice before posting an article as potentially damaging as this one.

M/Y Predator was in the Port of Montenegro, Tivat from 1st until 6th February, during which time the crew enjoyed the hospitality of the Port employees and from the local people of Tivat.

I cannot commend the Port staff eneough, who were without exception courteous, polite and professional in their conduct at all times.

There was an isolated incident in one of the towns nightclubs, where 3 crew members were assisted for no apparent reason to exit the club via a staircase to the main entrance. This may have been a little heavy handed of the clubs doormen, but there were no injuries involved other than perhaps a little personal pride. No body at any time was struck or beaten and all of the crew involved walked back to the vessel without further mishap.

I was one of those crew members involved and although i was a little surprised by the sudden unwelcome exit proceedure, I would have to say that when yacht crew visit another country, it would do us all good to remember that we are guests, and that local customs may well differ to ours. What we consider to be acceptable behaviour may well be offensive to local people, even if the offence is not intended.

I would not hesitate to reccommend Tivat as a Port of call for any Yacht, as the Port facilities are exeptional, the country is stunningly beautiful and the people are mostly welcoming and courteous. If you do find yourself in Tivat, take some time to visit Buddva, the Old Town of Kotor and the National Park on Mount Lovcen which rises into the clouds behind Tivat.

Enough said.

Danilo_1
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 9:39 AM

Thank You.Crew member from the event did reply as You can see and I am so gratefull to him not only for the report from the spot but as You can see for the compliments to my homeland...Yes, indeed Montenegro is breathawaing.I am also glad that Porto Montenegro and its staff cope with industry standards etc.Yes indeed "THIS IS SUCH A SMALL INDUSTRY".I always remember that advice of recrutment agent when I drop by to Palma de Mallorca to catch up with yachting industry dockwalking and to make interviews with major yachting recruitment agencies summer 2007.She said:"Now,when for couple of years Montenegro will be top yachting destination with new mega yacht marina facility it is great opportunity for you,just please be carefull THIS IS SUCH A SMALL INDUSTRY and second opportunity is rare if  you make mistake".So,THIS IS SUCH A SMALL INDUSTRY for meYou,,m/y PREDATOR,Sir Peter Munk,Tivat,MONTENEGRO...Especially yacht crew when goes ashore and start to search for a good time.In our local language PREBITI means BEAT,and that was the word I heard and also ISPREBIJATI which means BEAT BLACK AND BLUE...Language can really be barrier and English is not my native.

Anyway,the truth is for sure what we did hear from my friend Anonymous.So I wont to reciprocate and also to join

hospitality of my countymen and I will tell you the secret of  Montenegro and major reason You all find it stunning...

Heart of Montenegro is ancient Troy.That is our magic.Like once upon the time e.g. abt. 3200 years before this 

moment like now.That is one of the most famous stories globaly speaking and wellknown globaly also.1188 vessels

call this coast to seige Troy and to bring back most beautifull lady of that time,Helen.Troy today are remains of 

fortified site of  240000 square meters naturaly protected with canyon of  three rivers and only huge bridges can 

bridge people there even at present.I can still track matherial evidences of military operation TROJAN HORSE 

which was spectacular fraud after nine years of siege and war.So,m/y PREDATOR,Owner,Captain and crew,charter 

guests if You ever call my coast again and wont to see what are behind montains growing into clouds,please do not 

hesitate to contact me.It is enough to google my name and surname:Danilo Djilas.After that I will tell You are the 

Uliyses island Itaca among Greek islands or maybe Croatian and we can sail there...

Sir Anonymos,Thank You again and GREETINGS FROM TROY! P.S. PORTO MONTENEGRO MARINA,I HOPE THAT YOU WILL BEAT THIS RECORD OF 1188 VESSELS THIS MEDITERRANEAN SEASON OR SHELL I SAY  IN FRAMES OF  CURRENT YEAR WITH M/Y PREDATOR CALLING SEVERAL TIMES wink 

Average 5 out of 5
]