Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Scheduled Maintenance Programs
A1Ayacht
Posted: Thursday, May 8, 2008 9:01 PM

I'm considering a different computer-based Scheduled Maintenance program than the one I use now. Prefer off-the-shelf type program but am open to all suggestions.

Any of you want to share your opinions on programs you are using, such as ease/difficulty of set up, ease/difficulty of updating, quality of print-outs, exporting and emailing capabilities, back up methods, etc.?

If off-the-shelf, would you buy again?

If custom program developed for your boat, are you satisfied, how much did it cost, would you do again, etc.?

Looking forward to some input, will share my opinions as well.

Anonymous
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 4:17 PM

My boss and I have looked at boat log programs for a while and then I found Super yacht support systems. I was a bit leary at first but it turned out to be the best thing I have done for the boat and my sanity. Its simple, you can adjust anything based on your schedule (your not locked into a set schedule), its great. I'm a pretty hands on capt and this system really keeps you in touch with the boat and maintenance.

Don

M/Y INCH BY INCH

A1Ayacht
Posted: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 2:51 AM

Thanks for that, will contact.
Captain Tom
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2008 7:54 AM

Gd morning

You should also look into the STAR IPS system. It's off shelf and can be custom made for any request that you might have. It covers all aspect of shipping and QA, ISM, ISPS, Purchase, Accounting, etc. It has e-mail integrated and it's easy to use.

Safe Sailing

Capt Tom

aeronautic1
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 4:25 AM

I use a aircraft scheduling system available for free at http://www.goboko.com/tour/ORtour.htm . I ran a fractional yacht with 6 owners.

With a little imagination, it works very well at putting the yacht down for scheduled maintenance, charter schedule, owner usage and turn-around time.

Average 0 out of 5