Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Visa for yacht crew in New Zealand
jessicachand
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2012 5:07 PM

I have just been offered a job on a sailyacht in New Zealand, and I have no idea what the process is to get a visa! There is very limited information on the internet for citizens of Guyana in yachting. I have gotten into Schengen territory before on my Seaman's Discharge book without a visa, but with a letter from the boat I was joining. Can I do the same in New Zealand? Any advice and tips would be very helpful!
Jeanette
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2012 11:31 PM

You need to apply for a Visitors Visa under the Superyacht Crew Scheme below before you come to New Zealand! V3.81 Owners and crew of super yachts 1. The owners and crew of super yachts are not considered to be undertaking employment and may be granted a visitor visa allowing multiple entry and an initial stay of up to six months. If required, further visitor visas may be granted on application allowing a total stay of up to 12 months. 2. For the purposes of these instructions a super yacht is considered to be any privately owned yacht over 20 metres in length powered by motor and/or sail. Get the captain of the vessel to send you a letter from the boat saying you're employed as crew etc & a copy of the yachts registration which you need to attached to your visa application & send to the nearest NZ Consulate which you can find on: www.immigration.govt.nz Any problems, email me & I'll see what I can do from this end. jeanette@superyachtsupport.net Good luck!

Average 0 out of 5