Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Calling All Stewardesses
Stewardessbible
Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2012 10:11 AM

Hello, I need your help. I started a little project called The Stewardess Bible. and it was created as a free resource for all yacht stewardesses. My work load at the moment is OUT OF CONTROL! so I need your input. The resource list (that is not published yet) has all of my products and services that I would recommend for various reasons,(i.e value for money, convenient, excellent workmanship etc.); but I am a little thin on services in the US and in the Pacific. (and I don't just want to copy it out of the yachting pages... this is not why I created the Stew Bible) Also I am looking for Interior crew.. chefs and Stewards inc. to interview. from a humanistic perspective, not from a professional point of view (i.e. I do not want any CV's) Finally ....If you have any great tips for service , or housekeeping.... or just any great time saving helpful tips please let me know. Admin@stewardessbible.com Thank you for you for helping me create a great resource for the interior department. Admin@stewardessbible.com Cheers
Henning
Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2012 8:11 PM

I'm a captain (try to remember that some of us captains came up the ranks and even ran one man shows on charter boats and we do know how to take care of an interior) but I will pass on what I pass on to my stews, my key interior and exterior window, wood, varnish, mirror, marble, granite, plastic, metal or painted gloss or luster finish, cleaning and protecting product that saves tons of time:

Collenite  #845 Insulator Wax. You will never find an easier way to make an interior look new, and as a bonus it resists finger prints and smudges and stains just wipe of. On top of all that, it helps make your interior finishes last longer. Last stew I introduced to the stuff "I love you, you're my new best friend, all these years I've worked so hard to make it look not as good."

Use a damp applicator and apply a thin film rubbing a bit on the spots you need clean. A microfiber rag will wipe it away effortlessly. The keys are the thin film (it wants to work thin anyway) and microfiber rags.

Stewardessbible
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2012 9:19 AM

Great ... Thanks for getting involved! This is exactly what I am looking for. I will add it to my resource list. Where do you buy it?
Henning
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2012 1:57 PM

You can order it through many outlets online and I find it at various marine and industrial suppliers around the world. In Ft Lauderdale I buy it at Boat Owners Warehouse.

Stewardessbible
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 7:00 AM

Thank you, I will have a look.
Anonymous
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 1:00 PM
hi i am lead stewardess i am happy to help and to have also that copy in near future same as I am looking for a stewardess job my mobile +39-3282674275 same number in viber when u are using android mobile
Stewardessbible
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 1:19 PM

Hi anonymous. I think you missed the point here. I was requesting insiders tips and resources to share with the larger interior department. Good luck with the job hunt. Warmest regards K.

Average 0 out of 5