Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
med season start
jezz craddock
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 12:38 PM

Hey i need advice on when is best to go to antibes for med season. I am booked into crew house 13 march but not sure if this is too early?? i am on limited budget so need to know when is best time for getting permanent work. I am happy to do daywork too and was thinking if im there early then boats will be prepping for start of the season? any advice would be good thanks
Alissa Smith
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 10:18 PM
hey, I am in a similar position, but i have been advised to not go until the end of march/ begging of april. I think this might work out better for you especially on a limited budget. Good Luck x
bdollo
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 11:00 PM

Hi Guys, Myself and a friend arrive into Antibes on the 29th Feb...! We have been told that this is waaaaaay to early to start looking for work and that end of march/beginning of april is better. That being said i have already been told by some crew houses that they are or are almost completely full for March! Looks like we wont be the only ones there early looking for day work... Hope to see you around the traps.
Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 5:23 AM
mate you shoud come just day before xmas.season always start first of may,for most of yacht,just think logick.or you canot think that is another story and xmas is good option for you.
Chef
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 5:44 AM

Best time is 2 weeks before Monaco Grand Prix. Remember if you are South African that your visa run out in 3 months. If you go now and do not get a permanent job that you have to return to South Africa at the beginning of the season, Broke.

jezz craddock
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2012 9:51 AM

i really dont know what to do. If i go down early i maybe skint by the time i find a job if i go to late i might not get a job because everyone else has already taken all the jobs :p
Cristopher
Posted: Saturday, March 3, 2012 4:27 AM

I will be arriving inearly april, hope that its not to late to find work.

Average 0.5 out of 5