Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
mini_c gmdss sailor disk error
Salvador
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 7:58 AM

Hi, Searching for common knowledge here! After having the same alarm and message about the wrong disk for the messages, have now a blank black screen with message to replace disk "non-system disk error". Is it only a question of replacing the the diskette underneath? Thank you in advance,
junior
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 8:37 AM

I get those failures with both my Philips Safecom and my chart plotter. Each time I re boot...sometimes it takes several reboots ....to fix. Im not a computer guy but I think what has happened is that your hard disc is fragmented . My systems are all MsDOs. There is a command to defrag or ask a computer guy whats up. Ive tried to fix computers with spanners and vise grips but no luck. Best get a computer guy. The best Computer guys are 12 years old, ride skateboards and look like Bart Simpson
Azzag
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 8:55 PM

I had a similar issue about a year ago all that was required was a new floppy disc. Not easy to find these days. I am told that after some time the ability of the disc to record data diminishes and become unusable, you can try a defrag which may work for a while.
Anonymous
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 9:07 PM
As per Azza, good luck with the disk hunt though (we now have a stash of 20 as a result, SXM if you're same)

Average 0 out of 5