Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Schengen visa for South Africans away from home
Hannes
Posted: Thursday, February 2, 2012 8:20 PM

Hi there

Please can anybody give me some advice on getting a Schengen visa for a proud holder of The Green Mamba.
I am employed on a motor yacht and we are currently in south Caribbean and will be heading up to LA, USA.
After LA we will be going back to Italy, boat yard.
Can I do my Schengen it the US or whats my options?

Thanx

Captain Mark Drewelow - C2C inc San Diego
Posted: Saturday, February 4, 2012 6:38 AM

Hi, Schengen visas in LA are difficult. All consulates in LA that are signatories on the Schengen alliance have very little or ZERO experience working with yacht crew. Typically country of arrival dictates where you need your Schengen visa issued. The Italian consulate in LA I don't believe has ever issued a Schengen visa for yacht crew. Most likely you will have to get the visa in Miami and to complicate matters the consulate there may require the yacht to be in their jurisdiction area before they will issue the visa. So flying into Miami to get the visa may not work. Best to check with the Miami consulate, try this email address visa.miami@esteri.it they may have a more accommodating policy in 2012. We will also check with the Italian consulate in LA but historically they are not issuing this visa. C2C inc California Agents
Brett
Posted: Sunday, February 5, 2012 11:37 AM

I have had success in Miami at the French and the Italian consulates in the past.

Average 0 out of 5