Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Recommendation for 6-7m Jet Tender
gsiewert
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 4:30 PM

Hey all,

Can anyone recommend a quality tender in the 6-7m range with a diesel jet? It needs to be low profile to fit in a transom garage and will be the primary tender for a 50m, so needs to have high passenger capacity.

Thanx,
Greg

junior
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 5:19 PM

I use outboard ribs, so I have no experience. I often see these Williams diesel ribs around the waterfront. You might have a look. http://www.williamsjettenders.com/D625 Also remember that many yacht ribs are standard models, with a custom interior layout, to fit form and function.
rodsteel
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 5:22 PM

Here's two more to start the discussion?

http://www.nauticatenders.com/boats/lc-20

http://www.castoldijet.it/filemanager/cms_castoldi/img/jetTenders/Modelli/Jet_Tender_23/JT23_depliant.pdf

(the Castoldi is much fancier but I have heard mixed reviews on other forums)

Rod

Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 5:37 PM
Don't do it!  The majority of diesel jets are noisy and when going downwind cover guests in fumes.  Yacht tenders are the most overpriced items in the world and you will rarely find a crew who have a good word to say about them.  Look for UK built ribs many of which are built in China.  Over there they know more than most about ribs and they are cheaper. 

gsiewert
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 6:06 PM

Diesel, because we don't want the issues of gasoline onboard, especially in a closed tender garage.

kapt_mark
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:30 PM

2 most common ones I have come across are;

the castoldi low profile in board diesel jet found on lots of large sailing yachts with bow mounted tender garages.
nautica equator model in board diesel jet has the auto deflate option for the tubes to decrease storage needs.

both are quite a wet ride so get the spray hoods for the bow.

The williams jet ribs mostly have the 4 stroke petrol webber engine, high speed and fun little toys.

If storage space is not limited there are plenty of options, cant remember the make but the ones the royal navy drop out of helicopters into the open ocean are a fairly bullet proof design and not such a wet ride.

murf
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2012 11:30 PM

We're also looking for a low profile tender for our garage. We are currently considering the Castoldi Jet 19 T, the Novurania Chase 19 and the Novurania CL600.
Caymanboy
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2012 12:44 PM

I am in the business of repairing them. So I tend to look at it from a different angle. I guess there are a couple of ways at looking at it. Find what fits in your space. That might dictate what you buy. Castoldi makes a good unit, but their components are exotic, IE: Steyer Diesels and Rolls Royce water jets. Novurania makes a good unit with more off the self items, Yanmar Diesels, Hamilton Jets. You may also want to consider Zodiac. None of them are cheap nor particularly easy to service. OP www.parkeryacht.com
Caymanboy
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2012 12:47 PM

PS: Nautica is out of business as of right now.
Stephen C
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2012 5:45 PM

If you can afford the time and additional cost a custom build would likely be the best option. Try Osmotech in the UK www.osmotech.co.uk Our custom Osmotech 8 meter twin jet diesel tender met all our design goals and has provided faultless service for the past three years.
Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, February 1, 2012 9:41 PM
What every you do don't get a castoldi, Most of them are very wet boats and you will never get your guest to the dock dry. They are also not designed to have and maintenance done with out having to remove the hole engine. The after sales is shocking. I have one on my current boat and it is nothing but problems.

Average 0 out of 5