Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Can i get a job on a yacht if i have a tattoo on my foot???
soph
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 7:06 AM

Hi all, I am looking at going into the yacht industry and was wondering before i invest money and time into training will i get a job if i have a tattoo on my foot? It is only a thin feminine tattoo that runs aong the outside, but if shoes were not worn it would be one show. I look forward to any feedback regarding the matter. Sophie
Henning
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 12:00 PM

Honestly, it depends on what the rest of you looks like.
Mike
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 2:56 PM

Uhh. . Let me just say that that specific thing is not going to stop you from getting a job. I know many people who are covered in tattoo's (me included) and have no problems finding a job. On account for qualifications, looks(sorry but its reality) attitude, etc. Those are the things to be more focused on.
soph
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2012 9:15 AM

Cool, thanks very much for your help with this matter. Hopefully ill look ok, might just hit the gym for few months just in case!!! haha
Anonymous
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2012 9:49 PM
Hi there Sophie, Not sure if you have made a decision yet... I have a tattoo that runs along both of my feet. I got it done while working on board a yacht. I didn't mention it to my captain as I figured that I would have my feet covered the majority of the time. When he did find out he was cool about it as the only time guests ever saw it was when I was barefoot on the swim platform which was rare as I was the chief stew. I think it just depends on your role on board. I would say go for it! Most shoes can cover it!! Hope this helps!
Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2012 12:13 AM
Hi Sophie, i'm sure that you can find a job, and what Mike said is kind of "right" but the thing is, you can find job at few of companies not for all, because some of them they are really so strict. and "nasty" try to go to a simple companies first, then see what suits you best. cheers.
Mike
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2012 9:11 AM

Not sure what you mean by "Kinda" right. . Everything I stated was 100% true. A small tattoo on her foot is not going to be the thing that stops her from getting a job. Yes, there are some boats that will not hire because of it, Yet they are minimal
Kevin
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2012 1:44 PM

I agree with mike. My girlfriend has a tattoo on her whole left side of her foot and ankle and also her entire back (granted its rare tht any guest or owner sees that). However, when she came to work in the industry it was an initial concer, but mostly for that line on crew agent profies where it says "any visible tattoos"....that's basically it. As soon as she got in front of an owner or the person hiring, it didn't even come up. Mike is right...it wont make or break it in most cases, but a lot of it depends on the rest of you...tit for tat
izzy
Posted: Tuesday, February 7, 2012 2:49 AM

Cool, I also have a tattoo (which is in the process of getting removed so is fairly faded) on my foot and was worried about this holding me back for a stewardess job

Average 0 out of 5