Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
transient camera insurance
Captaincooker
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2011 9:43 PM

Im now looking for a new insurer for all of my camera equipment- lenses etc Im a kiwi currently on leave from my boat and need insurance while travelling south america.. but also good to have while onboard working. It seems that the value of these items is more than most insurers are willing to cover.. and all the 'professional photographer' insurers seem to require me to be living in the UK. I did previously have an insurer in NZ but they went under after the chch earthquake. Im sure there is alot of you yachties out there who also have expensive camera's.. what do you do? Thank you
Henning
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2011 3:35 AM

I am careful and uninsured with mine.

BjornDB
Posted: Wednesday, January 4, 2012 11:13 PM

I usually get my travel insurance through worldnomads.com they have a pretty good rep and have helped me various times. see if they would have an additional camera insurance? Come by our eco farm in Colombia while you're there!

Average 0 out of 5