Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Valencia - thoughts?
s-holman
Posted: Saturday, December 3, 2011 8:27 AM

Hey Guys

I'm off to Spain next year, still very undecided on whether to go to palma or antibes but was considering checking out Valencia??
I'll be there in March with some family in Marbella so its a quick hop up to Valencia for a bit.
At the moment I'm still green with a few months daywork and a crossing in 09 I have the basics with AEC aswell, so really hesitant on if there is work available or not??

Shaun

Captain Andy
Posted: Saturday, December 3, 2011 12:46 PM

If you can Shaun, keep going along the coast to Barcelona. A far larger yachting hub than Valencia! Email YCO in Barcelona for leads.....
Rusty Wrench
Posted: Saturday, December 3, 2011 1:25 PM

[Comment edited by moderator]

Palma is on the Balearic island of Spain, Antibes is on the south coast of France.

If you go to Valencia (mainland Spain) you may be successful finding a job on a container ship or fishing vessel.

s-holman
Posted: Saturday, December 3, 2011 5:09 PM

Yes, palma is in the middle, I have 2-3 weeks with family in spain and i'm eager to do anything to find some work. It has taken a while to build myself up to pay for courses etc so would like to extend my opportunitites as far as possible. I know its not going to be easy from what I have read and experienced before.

Average 0 out of 5