Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Most important question!! How do I find a job?
Chelsea_bryz
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 6:02 PM

First of all I'll let you know a little about myself: Canadian, recently finished my uni degree (International Studies) and currently work in a professional setting. I Have been looking into obtaining employment as a steward for May 2012. This January I'll be taking my eng100 and stcw95 courses in Thailand, and after I want to head to Europe to find work for the Med season. Why do I go? Should I just walk up and down a boardwalk with a resume? What port should I go to? How long should I expect to find a job? What are my chances?!!
Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 11:18 PM
if you really wanted this, you would do some research yourself, there a lot of books on the topic. For newbies its not easy, this industry isn't for everyone...only the strong.

Average 0 out of 5