Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Jumping into the Big Boats
Flyr89
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 9:29 PM

posted this in the deckhand forum might be better suited here. First of all Hi, this is my first post. Having recently graduated college with a BBA and realizing a yachting carrer is what im lookign for i wanted to ask how likly is it to get a job with my following offerings. Worked this past summer as a charter skipper in croatia Certs: YM Offshore ENG1 STCW95 Powerboat L2 PADI Dive Instructor and I currently speak spanish,english,italian and a little bit of french and portugues. I am currently home in mexico and im wondering what would be my next move as off now. Thx for your help have a B2 visa.
Henning
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 12:24 AM

Flyr89 wrote:
posted this in the deckhand forum might be better suited here. First of all Hi, this is my first post. Having recently graduated college with a BBA and realizing a yachting carrer is what im lookign for i wanted to ask how likly is it to get a job with my following offerings. Worked this past summer as a charter skipper in croatia Certs: YM Offshore ENG1 STCW95 Powerboat L2 PADI Dive Instructor and I currently speak spanish,english,italian and a little bit of french and portugues. I am currently home in mexico and im wondering what would be my next move as off now. Thx for your help have a B2 visa.

Everything sounds good, you need to be in the right place at the right time at this point and have a bit of luck. Lauderdale boat show is coming up... It's about to start getting busy if the rain would stop. Sounds like you're ready to get a deck job on a big boat till you get your OOW.

Flyr89
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 5:54 PM

Would you say that I am your tipical deckhand applicant or do i stand out from the rest with what i have to offer?
John Doe
Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 6:44 AM

Having seen about a thousand CV's I would say those qualifications are fairly typical these days. Where in Mexico are you ? Try P.V. A few boats pass through there. More and more mexican owners these days too. Good luck.

Average 5 out of 5