Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
100' Sail, Captains Salary?
RCJ70
Posted: Tuesday, October 4, 2011 8:58 PM

Private boat, no charter, performance 100' sailboat. What would be the salary range, do you think? Cheers
Janine
Posted: Tuesday, October 4, 2011 9:52 PM

Here is a link to Dockwalk's 2011 salary table: http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/8c62e6ea#/8c62e6ea/34.

Hope this helps.

RCJ70
Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2011 8:35 PM

Thanks! Target salary was about what I thought...
Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, October 8, 2011 8:01 AM
hi, I'm a cptn of a 100' sy, private, my salary is 6k pmonth. all the best
Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 11:22 AM
Dde, Time to ask for a raise!
SBC
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2011 11:41 AM

I enjoyed the MLC 2006 feature in the latest Dockwalk. Without getting into a pissing contest with all the anonymous wise guys'n gals out there (I personally think it (mostly) an improvement, so there...,) there is one point I would like some qualified feed-back on. Amongst the exceptions are vessels "not ordinarily engaged in commercial activities" We have, until now presumed, and indeed recieved ,the VAT breaks associated herewith, that a yacht that charters are "in commercial use" However, a recent ECJ ruling in Luxemburg (qua Moore Stephens yachting VAT note Feb. 2011) states that such a yacht is actually NOT in commercial use, unless the charterer use it for yet another commercial activity. Alas, if such a yacht is still a pleasure craft not in commercial use for VAT purposes, will it still be considered "in commercial" use for the purpose of MLC? Clarifications, please!

Average 0 out of 5